NAACP Legal Defense Fund (LDF) is the nation’s oldest civil rights law firm. LDF works in the highest levels of our justice system and legislature to protect our most basic rights, including winning and defending some of the nation's most important civil and racial justice cases.
LDF came to EchoDitto in early 2010 in desperate need of a site overhaul – their old site was difficult to manage, full of old content that was highly disorganized, and failed to reflect the quality and extent of the organization’s ground-breaking work.
EchoDitto developed a powerful website that was developed through an extensive planning, development, and testing process by a team of over a dozen people. The new site needed to better define the organization and demonstrate the successes and struggles that LDF leads in the areas of civil rights and public policy.
Some highlights of the new site include:
- Search tool for cases and issues LDF works on:http://naacpldf.org/program-search & publicationshttp://naacpldf.org/publication-search
- Dynamic home page with a list of news updates and related issues/cases.
- Dynamic program area landing pages. For example, http://naacpldf.org/category/criminal-justice
- Case spotlights on various pages like: http://naacpldf.org/ways-give
- NAACP LDF now has the tools to better communicate with its audiences and manage the valuable content it creates. It has a site that reflects its critical work in a variety of areas and has a foundation to expand its work and reach.